Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Congratulations Mrs. Deaton!

Congratulations Mrs. Deaton! Your baby is SO cute and we can't wait to meet him!

We had a cool Tuesday! This morning after we unpacked, we traced some triangles. Then we did our morning message. The secret code on the morning message was "jack-o-lantern"! A jack-o-lantern is a pumpkin with a face carved out.

Next, we did Daily Five Round 1. Levi’s group did book club with Mrs. Brooks first. They read the book I Have a Pal. Wesley thought that book was super! In Read to Self, Cam’Ron read a book about a sleepy doggy. He liked that book! Then, we did Daily Five Round 2! Jatzibe learned about the letter Aa on iStation. Paulina’s group did Working With Words. They practiced writing different words. She thought it was fun.

Next in Fundations, we practiced our letter Dd on dry erase boards. Ethan likes writing on dry erase boards!

For snack we had Fruit Loops. Fruit Loops are SO delicious! After snack we went to MUSIC for out specials. In Music, we sung a few songs. Joshua is a good singer and loved to sing songs in Music today. It was just awesome!

After Music we had recess. Instead of going to the playground, we played an exciting game with Mrs. Feller! It was really fun and made us tired.

Following recess, we worked on our work centers. William’s group made the Little Old Lady that Swallowed a Fly. He colored pictures of the animals in the story. Then he cut them out and put them in the old lady’s tummy! Gracie’s group made a cute spider hat. The legs of the spider had different pictures and letters on them. Cam’Ron’s group did the Harvesting Numbers center. They colored the pictures and counted how many pictures there were in each block.









Next we did out first quarter writing samples! We did our VERY best writing.
“I wrote about Mrs. Deaton having a baby.” Myonna
“I wrote about a firetruck going to a firehouse.” Cam’Ron
“I wrote about a farm.” Jazmin
“I wrote about water.” Dylan
“I wrote about my brothers!” Alex

Then we played a REALLY exciting math game on the SMART Board with Mrs. Brooks. Mrs. Brooks called out a number and whoever swatted the number with a fly swatter first got a point for their team! That was SO exciting. “I beat Mrs. Brooks in the math game today!!!!” Selena

Lastly, we did math centers. The red group played Top it. Top it is Gracie’s favorite math game. The green group had math club. They played Around the World. Jatzibe liked that game a lot! The Blue group worked on iXL. Hanna had to count things and type the number of objects. The Orange group rolled a dice and colored in the apple with the corresponding number.







Today was the best! We miss you Mrs. Deaton and we are working so hard. It is a blast with Mrs. Brooks!

2 comments:

  1. I miss all of you so much and can't wait to see you soon! I am so proud of how hard you are working with Mrs. Brooks and Mrs. Feller! Keep up the good work! Thank you for your sweet comments about my new little boy, Brandon. We are a very happy family! I can't wait for you to meet him like you met Connor. I will see you soon! I love you!!

    Love, Mrs. Deaton :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss all of you so much and can't wait to see you soon! I am so proud of how hard you are working with Mrs. Brooks and Mrs. Feller! Keep up the good work! Thank you for your sweet comments about my new little boy, Brandon. We are a very happy family! I can't wait for you to meet him like you met Connor. I will see you soon! I love you!!

    Love, Mrs. Deaton :)

    ReplyDelete