Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fire Safety

The past few days in school have been tons of fun.  Yesterday, we got to go on the playground with Mrs. Feller.  We were happy that the weather was warm enough for us to play outside. 
“I like to go down the fireman’s pole.” Levi
“I like to climb up the rock wall.” Wes
“I like to go down the tunnel slide.” Josh
“I like to play monster with my friends.” Aaron
“I like to go down the slides.” Myonna
“I like to run in the grass.” Cecilia
















Some high school girls came to our classroom to read to us yesterday.  We really liked to hear the two girls read and hope they will come again soon!





 We made our lunch choice when we came to school today.  We either got to choose mandarin chicken or a fish sandwich.  Some of us brought our lunch boxes.  Yummy!


Today, we learned a lot about the letters Oo and Gg.  We have been talking about the letter Gg being a thief.  It does not steal toys or books.  The letter Gg steals letter sounds.  Sometimes, it says the /g/ sound but sometimes it steals the Jj sound and says /j/, like in the word giraffe.  We like to pretend like we don’t like the letter Gg.  It’s a silly game. 


Daily 5 went really well today.  Everyone did a great job and stayed focused.  Book Club got to play Letter Sound Bingo with Mrs. Deaton.  Some people went to Read to Self and got to lay down while they were reading.  When we get to sit in Mrs. Deaton’s green chair to read, we think it’s really cool.  Working with Words was a lot of fun, too.  We really enjoy doing Daily 5 in Kindergarten.












We ate cheese balls and water for snack.  Yummy!  We went to Media and got to check out a new library book. Mrs. Deaton gave everyone who brought their book back a piece of candy. Only 2 of our friends forgot their library book.  We surely hope everyone will bring back their library books next Thursday because we want to earn a star for our class! Yayyyy!!!

We worked hard in work centers today.
“I wrote words in my fire truck.” Jasmine
“We made a fireman hat by putting fireman in order from 0-10.” Levi
“I sorted my Oo and Gg pictures by sounds.” Alex
“I made a giraffe with pattern blocks.” Nick
“I made Sparky the dog today.” Cam’Ron

 


After lunch we wrote in our journals.  We got to write about anything we wanted to. 
“I wrote about an express car.” Dylan
“I wrote about a truck.” William
“I wrote about a ballerina.” Hanna
“I wrote about a house.” Jacee
“I wrote about ballerina dancing with friends.” Abby
“I wrote about colorful trees.” Nick
“I wrote about me skateboarding.” Levi
“I wrote about me being a rockstar.” Wes
“I wrote about a girl.” Ethan





We are very excited about tomorrow!  The firetruck, firemen and Sparky the dog are coming to visit us tomorrow afternoon.  We have been practicing our fire safety rules, like “stop, drop and roll”, so we know the firemen are going to be proud of us. We can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment