Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday!

What a wonderful week this has been so far!  Today is Wednesday and it is definitely a WONDERFUL Wednesday.  It is Kaitie's birthday today and we celebrated it with cupcakes at lunchtime.  The cupcakes had a ring on top of them so we were super happy!


Math has been really fun this week.  We have been counting and practicing our numbers.  We used a Ten Frame today to practice our numbers.  We put red and yellow counters on our ten frame to make different numbers.  Mrs. Deaton is still teaching us about our number poems.  Here is another poem we learned... Make a circle and then a line. That's the way to make a 9.  Math is a lot of fun in Kindergarten.  We also get to play with Math Manipulatives during the day.  We like the unifix cubes, pattern blocks and the geoboards.


















Everyday we love going to Letterland.  Letterland is the magical place where all of our letters live.  Mrs. Deaton lets us get to Letterland in lots of different ways.  We have flown a plane, rode on a train and even swam!!! In Letterland, we learned about Kicking King and Lucy Lamp Lite.  We still really love Annie Apple and Bouncy Ben.  Clever Cat is another one of our favorite Letterlanders. We better not forget about Impy Ink, Golden Girl and Harry Hatman.  Jumping Jim is really silly because he jumps and juggles at the same time.





Daily 5 is really cool too.  We have been practicing building our stamina.  Today, we read for 11 minutes without getting distracted.  Our class is full of AWESOME readers!  Mrs. Deaton has been giving us a test at her desk while we do Read to Self.  She said we are the smartest kids she has ever taught!  Wow, that's so cool!  After Daily 5, we talk about letters, words and sentences. We have also talked about how many letters are in our name. Our names are the best!



We have been working really hard in Work Centers this week, too.  Our work centers are helping us practice some of our letters in the alphabet.  We are making a dog that goes with Dippy Duck. We are putting cotton balls on a Cc to go with Clever Cat.  We are making an awesome shape school bus.  Bus starts with the same sound as Bouncy Ben.  We are putting our name in order on fish and practicing writing it four times.  Firefighter Fred makes the same sound as fish!!








The Smartboard is so much fun for us to use in Kindergarten.  We use the Smartboard everyday.  We watch books and videos on the Smartboard.  We sing songs and do Calendar every day using the Smartboard, too.  We use the Smartboard in Math and in Literacy.





School has been so much fun for us! Here are some thoughts about school...

"Kindergarten rocks.  I came to school and didn't even cry at all today!" Linkon
"Kindergarten is awesome. My favorite thing is to go outside." Riley
"I like to blog in school. We get candy after we blog." Alexandra
"School is fun.  I like to play on the playground." Brayson
"I wish I could stay at school forever because I like it so much!" Cever
"I like Letterland and I like my teachers!" Kaitie
"I like school so much because I like my friends." Casey
"I learned about Annie Apple, Impy Ink and Eddie Elephant. I like school." Lydia
"We went to Music today.  I like Music because it is so fun." Manju
"We learned the word 'my' in school." Shravya
"I love centers because I like to play." Destiny
"Kindergarten rocks because it is so fun." Taylor

4 comments:

  1. You guys are getting so smart already! Everyone looks like they are having so much fun! Keep enjoying kindergarden and keep learnjng new things everyday! Enjoy your day!
    Hugs and High fives XOXO
    Morgan (Cevers mommy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! You all are learning so much and it looks like you are having a lot of fun too! I love when Brenden tells me about letter land. Henry Hatman is my favorite!

    Love,

    Kelly (Brenden's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is super cool that you are learning about 10 frames! Keep working hard!

    Love,
    Alexandra's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading about what you guys said about school! Linkon has been coming home telling me all kinds of fun stories of what you all are doing - he really likes Clever Cat and Peter Puppy! Keep learning and having fun! :)
    Love - Linkon's Momma (Angel)

    ReplyDelete