Saturday, October 28, 2017

Scary Things!

(This blog needs to be updated.  Mrs. Deaton needs to talk to students about what they wrote about in their journals because she can't remember everything. Check back next week!)

Everyone is scared of something... and that's okay.  We have been talking about how we are all scared of things but they may be different than what other people are scared of.  As a class, we made a list of things we are scared of.  It was interesting to find out that some of our friends are scared of the same things we are scared of.  After we made our list, we drew a picture and wrote in our journals about what we are scared of.


"I am scared of tall things." Chelsey

"I am scared of heights" Reese

"I am scared of the dark." Cheyenne

"I am scared of floods." Austin

"I am scared of the dark." Gwen

"I am scared of monsters under my bed." Scarlett

"I am scared of fire." Leslie

"I am scared of spiders" Gavin

"I am scared of bats." Jeremiah

"I am scared of the dark." Shayla


"I am scared of the dark." Iker


"I am scared of heights." Bowen

"I am scared of the dark and floods." Darius

Many people are also scared of bullies.  We teamed up with our entire school to celebrate Bullying Prevention Month. On Monday, we wore our favorite hat for "Put a Cap on Bullying Day".  On Tuesday, we wore silly socks for "Sock it to Bullying Day".  On Wednesday, we wore orange for "Orange for World Unity Day".  Finally, on Thursday, we dressed up like what we dreamed of becoming when we grow up for "Bullying Won't Ruin my Dreams Day." We talked about what a bully is and how to NOT be a bully to our peers.













No comments:

Post a Comment