Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Wonderful Wednesday!!

We have been having a wonderful week in school so far!  We are talking about the Farm this week. We are learning all about different animals on the farm.  We watched a video yesterday that taught us about different jobs that the animals have on the farm. Here are some things we learned...

"A dog moves a herd of sheep on the farm." Holden
"The horses are used to help round up the sheep, too." Persea
"A guard dog is used to guard the farm. He barks loudly." Bryant
"Cows give us milk." Jason
"Pig skin is used to make footballs." Carter
"Pig hair is used to make paint brushes." Olivia
"We use sheep fur to make comfy stuff." Olive
"We get milk from goats." Tenley
"Chickens give us eggs." Maddie G.

During Work Centers, we have been doing a lot of things about farms. One work center is making farm animals.  In another work center, we are making a farm book.  We have to write sentences and draw farm animals.  Another work center is creating a farm scene.  We get to put our animals and our barn anywhere we want.  In another work center, we are sorting farm things.  We glue farm animals on one page, tools on another and crops on the last.  Our last work center is sorting pictures by their first sound.

"We are making farm animals. I made a rooster." Myah
"I made a farm picture. I glued a cow on my picture." Maddie
"We made a book where you have to draw the animals.  You have to write 'I see a' in the book" Tenley





One of our favorite things to do is go outside for recess. The weather has been very sunny this week so we get to go outside. Mrs. Deaton took us outside on the playground yesterday.  This is different because Mrs. Feller usually takes us out.  Mrs. Deaton took some really good pictures of us playing outside.  We have fun during recess.
















We are still doing a good job during Daily 5.  We are doing Read to Self, Book Club, Working with Words, iStation on the iPads and Raz-Kids on the iPads.  Our teachers think we are getting super smart with our reading skills!  We sing a letter rap song and it's really funny.  We also sing "Teach Me How to Read" and that song is really cool.  We dance while we sing. Some of us get to use the cool whisper phones during Book Club with Mrs. Deaton.  We love the pointers and whisper phones we get to use while we read our books.












In math, we are talking about our shapes.  We have learned about a circle, square, triangle, rectangle, oval, rhombus and a hexagon.  We are learning about how many sides, corners and angles the shapes have.  In Math Club, we get to build the shapes and we get to draw them.  Math Club is fun!! In math, we are putting pattern block shapes on a scarecrow.  Also during math we are reviewing our numbers. We are gluing the right number of pretend pigs in pretend mud.  We are also doing farm patterns with farm animals.










We are still loving school! Here are some of our thoughts today....

"Letterland is my favorite because it is so much fun!" Patrick
"School is great. Mrs. Deaton lets us go to recess and do math." Ahmir
"My name starts with Lucy Lamplight." Leia
"I love playing with my friends outside." Sophie
"My favorite thing in school is eating lunch with all my friends." Shayla
"I like math because it is so much fun." Bryce
"We are learning about the farm. I colored animals today." Zach
"Me and Sophie played outside together.  We played gymnastic police officer girls." Olivia M.
"I love seeing Connor outside.  Connor is Mrs. Deaton's son." Tenley
"My name starts with Oscar Orange." Olive
"I like school because I like playing with all my friends." Aaliyah
"I like school because I like to play with playdoh." Treasure
"I like to play in school." Iker
"I like school because I get to play with my friends." Summer

1 comment: