Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring is almost here!!

The first day of Spring is only 6 days away!  We are celebrating Spring in our classroom this week.  We are also talking about St. Patrick’s Day because St. Patrick’s day is only 3 days away.  Today has been very busy and very fun.  Here is what we did:

This morning, we did Daily 5 in Mrs. Deaton’s classroom.  We did Read to Self, iStation, Writing, Working with Words and Book Club. 
“I wrote words under pictures.” Levi
“I played on the computer and did iStation.” Jacee
“I got to play on the Smartboard.” Myonna
“We played Snakes and Ladders on the Smartboard.” Grace
“I read a book called ‘Edwin’s Haircut’ to Mrs. Deaton.” Dylan
“I played a spelling game on the iPad.” Aaron









Next, we went to Specials.  We went to the library today and got to check out new books.  It was fun and awesome. After Media, we ate snack and quickly did our work centers.

“We made a rainbow to go on the window.” Hanna
“We made a pot of gold.  We wrote about what we would do if we had some gold. I would buy a new car.” Abby
“Our work center was walking around the room and finding pictures.  We had to write the words.” Levi



After work centers, we got to go to the gym for recess.  It was really fun.  Mrs. Feller was dancing to the YMCA during recess.  That was really funny!

We wrote in our journals today about Spring.  If we didn’t want to write about Spring, we could write about anything we wanted.  Levi and Josh wrote ALL the way to the bottom of the back of their paper.  They got to share their stories with the class.  Wow!  



In math, we are talking about numbers.  We sang a song on the Smartboard and counted by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s.  We also practiced more, less and equal with Mrs. Deaton, too.  Here’s what we did in math rotations:
“I did egg ordering.  I put my eggs in order from shortest to tallest.” Cam’Ron
“I worked on adding.” Selena
“I played Number Bingo on the Smartboard.” Cecilia
“I played Monkey Math on the iPad.” Nick
“I put eggs from shortest to tallest.” Joshua










Today was a great day in Kindergarten.  We only checked our Twitter one time today.  Tomorrow, we are going to Tweet to our new friends in Ireland.  We are going to ask them about St. Patrick’s day.  I wonder what they will say? Hmmmmmm..... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment