Monday, November 7, 2016

Daily 5 is Fun!!

Last week was a very busy week in Kindergarten.  We have been working hard during all parts of our day.  One part of our day when we learn a lot is Daily 5.  We do two rounds of Daily 5 every single day.  Daily 5 is when we learn about reading, writing, our letters and our sounds.  We all meet on the rug with Mrs. Deaton to do a mini lesson.  Usually, we do the Morning Message during this time.  After we meet, we break up into our small groups.  Mrs. Deaton has a group called Book Club.  Mrs. Feller has a group, too.  Her group works on writing.  We also get to do Working with Words, which are fun activities in the tubs.  We also get to go on our iPads.  We play iStation, Raz-Kids and Footsteps 2 Brilliance.  Here are some things we have to say about Daily 5 in Kindergarten:

"I have been learning about my letters." Aaliyah
"I like doing the tubs.  I walk around the room and write down my sight words." Ahmir
"I like to do Working with Words.  I practice my letter sounds." Bryant
"I like reading in Book Club with Mrs. Deaton." Bryce
"I like to do iStation. I learn how to read." Carter
"I learn my sight words and get to write them down." Holden
"I like to play games on the iPad.  The games help me with my letters." Iker
"I like learning my letters." Jason
"I went to Book Club." Juelz
"I learn how to read.  I can read a level C." Leia
"Mrs. Deaton teaches us how to read." Maddie G.
"I play iStation on the iPad." Maddie M.
"I like Book Club because we get to read." Myah
"I like Footsteps2Brilliance on the iPad." Olive
"I like reading with Mrs. Deaton." Olivia
"I like Book Club because we do reading." Patrick
"I like iStation because we get to read on the iPad." Persea
"I like to write with Mrs. Feller." Shayla
"I like Raz-Kids because it helps me learn how to read." Sophie
"I like Raz-Kids because we get to read." Summer
"I like iStation because it helps me learn to read." Tenley
"I like Footsteps2Brilliance because you can play games." Treasure
"I like to go to Book Club with Mrs. Deaton." Zach





















3 comments: