Sunday, January 11, 2015

Snowball Fight!!

After a wonderful break from school, we were all happy to be back together to learn and play! We began learning all about Winter and the fun things associated with it.  We talked about building snowmen and sledding down hills.  Now all we need is some snow!!

One of our favorite things we did this week was have a snowball fight in our classroom!  We read a book about snowfall fights and had one together in school.  Our snowballs were made up of paper with sight words written on them.  After throwing snowballs at each other, we had to read our sight words aloud to the class.  This game was so much fun!




















We celebrated Brayson's birthday this week because we missed it over Christmas break.  Happy 6th birthday to Brayson!


We are so excited because we got a new student this week!  His name is Muhammad and he is from Ohio. Muhammad is a great addition to our classroom!


Even though we are super happy that Muhammad is here with us, we are sad to lose another one of our classmates.  Saatvik's last day was Friday because he is moving to Pennsylvania with his family. We will miss Saatvik very much!


Here are some other pictures of us working hard this week!! The second quarter of school is almost over so Mrs. Deaton is testing us on all of our skills.  She thinks we are SO smart and she is so proud of how well we are doing.  We love school so much!














A note from Mrs. Deaton:
I wanted to take a minute to share some exciting news with you. My husband, Grant, and I are expecting our third child at the end of May.  We found out that we are having another little boy! We are due May 31 so it is at the very end of the school year.  Please know that I will continue to take great care of your children and will help them reach their fullest potential in Kindergarten.  I care deeply about my students and will not let my pregnancy interfere with their success.

Here is the reveal video we took when my family found out we were expecting a little boy. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the sight word snowball fight! I also like the new rug (I noticed it last blog entry but it may have been there a while and I missed it) ;) Thanks for sharing your sweet video with us Mrs. Deaton. That was so cute! Congrats to you all! We sure hope that little boy waits til late May to arrive. We want to keep you as long as we can! xoxo
    Lydia's Daddy, Mommy and little sister Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenden told me about how much fun the snowball fight was! What fun!
    Afterwards, I showed him pictures of his cousins, Kiera and Teagan, going on a sled ride in snowy Ohio! Welcome to the class Muhammad!

    Congrats on the baby boy! I love the gender parties!

    Kelly (Brenden's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna have a snowball fight! What a great idea!
    A very big CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family on your little boy! I agree with Lydia's family - we want to keep you as long as we can. ;)
    Linkon mentioned that Saatvik was moving - best wishes to him and his family.
    Welcome to the class Muhammad, it was great meeting you when I came to class last week. All of you have learned so much and we can't wait to see what you will learn during the rest of the school year!

    ReplyDelete